Water Design Technologies introduces Heat Pump Water heaters for the first time in india. Using renewable energy heat sources from the ambient air to heat water, these heaters can provide hot water round the clock and throughout the year in an energy efficient and affordable way. Water Design Technologies heatpump Water heaters are the right solution for Domestic hot water applications.
HOW DOES A HEAT PUMP WORK :
Major components of a heat pump water heater include a compressor, a refrigerant, two heat exchangers ( a condenser and an evaporator) and an expansion valve.
- The operation begins with air being forced through an evaporator which contains a liquid refrigerant, with the help of a fan.
- This refrigerant evaporates to a gas and extracts heat from the ambient air.
- The warm gaseous refrigerant then passes through the compressor, which increases its pressure and it becomes a hot gas.
- This hot gas enters a heat exchanger (condenser) and transfers its heat to the water flowing from a storage tank.
- The refrigerant cools down in the condenser and becomes a warm liquid.
- It then passes through an expansion valve and becomes a cool liquid and enters the evaporator again.
- The cycle is then repeated in this manner.
- Thus heat absorbed from the air is transferred to the water and the heating continues till the desired temperature is reached.